Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Umbrella Man


While I wait for counters and rest of the appliances to arrive I started a new project.



I volunteer at our local elementary school. I work with a class of third graders and teach them PowerPoint. I was walking down the hall just before Christmas and was looking at all of the children's artwork hanging in the hall. My eye caught the following little watercolor by a second grader. I fell in love with it. (note the small head) The little umbrella man just cried out to be turned into an Art Quilt. I got both the child's permission and his parents to use his piece of artwork and have begun to work on it. The original piece was about 8.5 X 11. My piece is about 16 X 20. will post when it is completed.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home