Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Finished with Bo


Not really finished with my Bo, have just completed my painting of him and have stitched him out. Did not use my BSR foot for my free motion...just did it the old fashion way. I found that I really need to plan and map out my stitching directions as I stitched myself in to some pretty tight places. I now want to try to capture him in fabric...would love to do it like Elizabeth Poole did in the Quilting Arts magazine..but my collection of fabric, (which is huge) just doesn't fit the bill. I must go shopping! I also need to spill bleach on some fabric to get some of the looks she got, this should be easy to do as I have many bleach splattered garments that I accomplished just by accident. ( I consider myself an expert at spilling bleach.)I plan to put binding and a back on to cover all of my wild stitching...and then will hang him in my sewing room to give me inspiration. His new CD should be out soon...can't wait...then I can quilt to his singing!!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Elle said...

This is a really cool piece! Welcome to the AQ ring!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

Wow. This is a great piece. I love seeing the photo and the digital manipulation and the finished project. Now, we must get Bo to come visit your blog so he can see it!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Deb Lacativa said...

"BO" is terrific! And he was so much fun to watch (sigh). Welcome to the Ring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home