Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

EMBELLISHER

About a year ago I got the chance to purchase an Embellisher from someone who didn't want it anymore...she had gone to a demo and been swept up into the excitement and made the purchase and then got home and wondered why she had purchased it. This was great for me because she sold it for a great price. Anyway it is great for doing embellishing (duh, it is called the Embellisher!)...I love it for doing post cards and ATC.s. I hit the local GoodWill Stores about once a month and purchase colorful silk blouses, old ties, and polyester wild prints. I add them to my growing Embellisher Stash along with yarns, laces, threads, and netting. If you are not familiar with the machine it has 7 needles but no thread, it is made by Babylock. It was designed for a felting machine...but it can do so much more than just felting. Here is a postcard done with the Embellisher...it took about 15 minutes ...and then I quilted it at the regular sewing machine.



1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Karoda said...

so how did you use it on this card? which i like btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home