Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Post Card Edges- Big Improvement

If you looked closely at my postcards you can see that I have trouble doing edges...they really look ragged and uneven...today a very nice person shared her technique with me, she sews her edges first...she carries the fabric around to the back so that raw edge is enclosed...stitches around the edge and then creates her postcard fronts..beads, stitches or embellishing...then she adds the back on...either with the no sew fusible or with a glued down fabric that is weighted down until it dries...I tried it today...and it really worked. Now I am not embarrassed to send my postcards off to Virgina for her Cancer Fund Raiser at Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home