Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Beloved SIL Disappoints MIL

Yesterday morning my daughter called to tell me that my beloved SIL was taking the girls snowboarding and skiing for Spring Break instead of making a trek to the Beaches of South Walton so that their loving grandparents could spent a week with their grand daughters. He had his wife , my daughter, deliver this unhappy message because he suffers from MIL FEAR, otherwise known as Avoid Grammy's Anger! At first I thought, this man doesn't know who he is messing with... then I decided to act grown up and mature and channel my emotions and feelings into a painting.

Painting always releases and soothes away the "bumps in the path of life." AND NOT seeing my grand daughters during Spring Break is a definite Bump in my scheme of life things. So I decided that a way to release my emotions was to paint a picture of my beloved SIL.

As I painted and "slung" the paint onto the canvas, I started to become calm and almost peaceful. Since my son-in-law does visit and read my blog from time to time , I wanted him to know that Grammy Ann holds no hard feelings against him... and hopes he never experiences any other hard feelings ever.

I did want to share my beloved SIL painting on my blog, am kinda of proud of it, ... it still needs a little work ... like a few darts, and a few slashings.. but at least I feel better as I stand back and look at it.



Now to give it a name, all works of art need a name, does Jackass fit?

3 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger jenclair said...

I love the fact that you are so able to release your emotions through art! Therapy, indeed, and SIL will definitely appreciate your forbearance... :) ahem...

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever!!!! Too funny. A a really good laugh! Leslie

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the same SIL that was going to give you diamonds...think with this entry..you might not get the real stones but some fakes...love the donkey...makes a pretty cute SIL.
Julie in Alaska

 

Post a Comment

<< Home