Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Friday, February 10, 2006

REMODELING


My weekend goal is to go throught my three rolling carts of fabric and get rid of those fabrics that no matter how long I keep them, I will never use. If I start to hesitate because I start, to "think" about keeping the whole piece...I plan to tear me off a fat quarter and put the rest in the plastic garbage bag. I found a church group that is making small lap quilts to give away...so the fabric will go to a good cause. Over the last 6 years ...my fabric taste have gone from one end of the spectrum to another...now I want textured type fabrics...bold fabrics...so cleaning out the stash...gives me the opportunity to start rebuilding.

My husband has agreed to make me a small working table that will be built over some plastic shelfing drawer units that can be rolled from one area of my small sewing room to another. I finally have arranged my four sewing machines so that I have four areas that are really working...embroidery... Embellishing.. freemotion... and regular sewing. I am hoping by sunset Sunday night, the sewing room will be in it's final arrangement...and I will be satisfied and happy with the arrangement.

Perhaps with everything in order...I will be free amd more able to concentrate on making something instead of finding something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home