Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Saturday Trip to Pensacola

Last Saturday my friend Pam and I went to Pensacola Florida to see the local guild's quilt show and to do a little shopping. The show was a nice one but because my interests have changed over the years I was disappointed that more Art Quilts were not represented. Also the Vendors were small in number and for the most part were selling fabric...A few years ago this would have pulled me in...But now I am in to threads, beads, and other nifty types of trims. After visiting two bead shops that were so-so, (not that I am an expert on bead shops)..We went to a big JoAnn's, and a Hobby Lobby. We also went to a pharmacy believe it is called A&E, and it had tons of fabric, trims, beads and craft supplies.... All right next door to the medicines, shavers and make-up. I loved it!

I came home only with a small bag of beads...No fabric, but did touch and feel nearly every fancy fabric bolt in JoAnns. It was a fun trip...Traveling with my friend Pam is always a good trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home