Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stencils, Shiva, and the Nude

Did my title get your attention?

A week and a half ago ...if you mention stenciling to me I would have told you that you paid a professional to come into your house and do that on your walls. (And you would have to drop a little money in the process.) My friend Pam and a handful of Shiva oil sticks changed that in a hurry. If you haven't tried these sticks out, then you are missing a wonderful art tool. There is a video that you can view online that gives you a quick overview of them, using rubbing plates:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/tvt049.asp

They are also great to use with stencils. My friend, Pam, who must have stenciled every room in her old house if you were to judge by her big collection of stencils, showed me how to do it on cloth using the Shiva sticks. I went home and was able to cut out a stencil...needed to make it a three part stencil...so I could make a fat nude dancing woman to go on one of my postcard swaps. ( Aren't my fellow swappers going to be in for a surprise with this theme?) I used a stencil burner and after a little practice not only cut the stencil out but used the Shiva sticks to get the color and shading just right. Having a very talented friend right down the street who shares her talents and skills with me is wonderful. We all should be so blessed.

Here is my dancing nude woman:

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Françoise said...

She looks so happy!
Is it because she doesn't have to try her summer clothes on?
:-)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Karoda said...

Have you been looking through my windows?! hehehehe...

I love her!~

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Ann Morrell said...

In answer to your comments......She is a very happy little fat girl...she's happy because she starts receiving her Social Security check on April 26th, and she's also happy because she is finally at a stage in her life where AMPLE, PLUMP, and WEll ROUNDED are good words in her vocabulary.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're twins! They always say you'll eventually meet your twin somewhere! I wish I were sharing postcards with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home