Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Friday, May 05, 2006

REAL WOMEN

In one of my small postcard swaps we were to design a 39 cents postal stamp as our card front. Since my friend Pam showed me stencils and since I cut my own little happy fat lady stencil, just had to use them on my stamps to honor and celebrate all REAL women. I am going to make five cards and then retire the little fat lady stencils. Here are my first two cards...the backs have not been sewn on.

During a woman's lifetime of living she is suppose to be all things...a daughter...a girl...a friend...a teen...a young lady...a wife....a mom....a grandmother...she tries to be all, tries to please all, and many times because of the media world's image of what women should look like through all their many stages, she looks at herself as an imperfect body image ... she is never satisfied with her physical looks throughout her changing roles. She is always dieting, changing hair styles, make-up, and some even go under the knife. The harder she tries to change her body, the more she realizes that the image she sees in the mirror doesn't match the media's image.

In reaching maturity or senior status, I believe we can and should finally put down that "judgment mirror" and be our own true selves and join in the happy dance of life. We need to relish our curves, our plumpness, our wrinkles, our sagging breasts and butts because they are our badges of honor. They show that we are after all ......REAL WOMEN!

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger - said...

OMG these are just tooooo cute!! Love them. Especially the rear view one in the middle, looks just like me LOL

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Karoda said...

these are fabulously large! and I too love them!

will you sometime do a demo on how to cut stencils?

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger smarcoux said...

excellent work and a lovely design
well done

Sandy
Dangling by a thread

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I love these cards what a great design!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger CalicoDaydreams said...

I love the postcard!

Glad to be a receipiant of such a clever design and I show your card around to everyone!

Thank you!

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home