Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Monday, July 24, 2006

That Old Box Of Crayons


As I was surfing around the other day I came across the following web page of Daniel Kaufman.

Daniel Kaufman

He is an artist that is making beautiful work with crayons and a heat gun. There is also a 7 minute video on his web page that shows him working with step by step directions. I saw it and had to try is on a piece of muslin....I came up with a real wild piece that I cut into squares and then put on a postcard...just for fun.....the piece turned out pretty good...and with a little more effort on my part could have turn out really well. If you get a chance check it out. I love discovering new techniques using old products...everyone has broken crayons in a box somewhere...go dig them out or sneak into your kid's crayon box and try this technique.

Here is my quickly made piece using his techniques:

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Karoda said...

omg, this is truly a treat! what a great way to play!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger CalicoDaydreams said...

Ann, you are a bad influence!

I checked out your pc, then the site a few days ago. Today the kids had the crayons out and was about to throw out some broken ones and had to use them!

Long story short~ I love this! My kids and I had so much fun today. There may soon be a swap on AFPC using this technique.

Oh, my dishes will never get done if I keep getting inspired by you!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger kirsten said...

Wow, I love this! Your piece is wonderful - love the little peeking face.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Love your cards - particularly the Voodoo doll and the crayon piece you cut into squares and rearranged. Beautiful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home