Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Earthquake hits Florida


My house here in Grayton Beach shook on its pilings. The cats hair stood up on end. And I sat there like a bumpkin thinking Earthquake or bomb. We get a lot of bomb fallout from the near by airbase as they practice. Then Fox News came on with a special news flash...a 6.0 earthquake out in the Gulf of Mexico. Felt from Tampa over to New Orleans and even into Georgia. I guess I will now have to add earthquakes along with hurricanes and sharks to the dangers of living in paradise.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Deb Lacativa said...

I felt it too here in Atlanta. I was in the pool reading the Sunday paper and the pool shook like a big bowl of jello. Made me feel all ooky and I knew what it was right away - a rerun of 3 years ago only stronger.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Diane Perin said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home