Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Utee Mermaid



I agreed to a one on one mermaid swap with a friend, who lives in New Jersery. She sent me a great mermaid card with beads and yarns and a beautiful embroidery mermaid. I decided to make a black mermaid and use one of my UTEE molded faces for her head. I hand painted the fabric and the mermaid body, then threadpainted it and then sewed on beads. The Utee head was glued on. This was one card that I really wanted to keep as I loved the way she came out


3 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Ginabee said...

WOW - your work is amazing. My mother (Carolyn F.) shared your site. I am in awe.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Riviera Mom said...

I can't decide which of your latest projects I like the most. The mermaid had to be hard to part with.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

This mermaid card is just amazing!!! I LOVE it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home