Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Monday, January 01, 2007

ONE INCH CHARMS













First it was fabric postcards and now it is 1 inch charms...have joined 3 charm swaps. These charms are for me as they turned out that after sealing edges in Utee I was unable to insert eyelets. And even if I inserted an eyelet before sealing the edges ...it was very difficult to insert a jump ring due to the added thickness of the edge. At first was disappointed because I wouldn't be able to use them in any of my swaps...but then in looking at them...I knew I would be able to use them on art quilts are even on postcards...so all was not lost. In fact I think I liked them better without eyelets.



7 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

I love them all, eyelets or no eyelets. You've done a fabulous job on these. These charms are proving to be very addictive.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

These are beautiful. Please don't let them go to waste because they don't fit the swap criteria - they would be gorgeous on postcards or ATCs or greetings cards :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Karoda said...

or placed on top of a larger quilt! these little gems have loads of big potential!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger CalicoDaydreams said...

where do you swap these?

Just what I need... another quilt swapping addiction.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger BMT said...

I think these would be a great addition to your friends postcards...maybe with a pin so that she could wear it to her dr's appointments and know that you really are there with her in spirit cheering her on!!!!

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these charms, they are just fabulous. I love what the UTEE edging does, although it's a shame you can't add eyelets. Lots of other ways to use them, though. :)

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your wannabe art....and that you are off and running doing something you love to do with friends...what a treat!! i know you will come back so inspired you won't be able to stand it. have a safe trip. know that the other driver is an asshole, so drive defensively and we welcome the sharing process upon your return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home