Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

OLD AND TIRED!

There are about 40 folks from around the country here at the retreat. I am sitting between the lady from Australia who teaches for Janome and my idol Pamela Allen from Canda. Both ladies are a joy to watch....then we have Rosemary in the dye room painting her shrim and organza that you see in the Quilting Art Magazine...we have folks felting...we have rug hookers, we have silk screen/batik painters, we have full cloth painters, we have quilters, we have folks with Embellishers...and then we have folks like me...running around with their mouths hanging open...some drool, in awe of everything. Next year the date will be during April when they have their quilt Art exhibit here. The food is great...the cabins are really nice...no phone and no television...so am having a little soap opera and American Idol and Survivor withdrawal. I am usually fast asleep by 9 here...this is eastern time and I am an old Central Time Gal myself. (so that is late for me) When I get some of the photos on the laptop computer will post....the video will have to wait...as these are older slower machines. I just wish all of you could be here!.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Digitalgran said...

This old lady would have loved being there with you Ann. enjoy yourself and I shall look forward to reading all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home