Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Packing UP and HEADING OUT

Today is a close out day...we will be doing a show and tell in afternoon and then all of us will be departing for home tomorrow. Today I tried to shove everything back into my large rolling suitcase (it arrived at least 25% empty...it will not zipper up...must have added a few items over my 25% plan. Have learned the hard way, not to take an old sewing machine to retreat...it gets even with you for being under the counter for over a year and ignored...if you are going to sew bring the one you sew on. We learned to make screens using a Thermofax machine....now I want one. They aren't made anymore (isn't that always the way with things we want) ...we use to have three in my elementary school if only I had known then what I know now, ...used them before we got copier machines...they were the ones that left your hands and fingers purple...they are alo used by tattoo artist now days...perhaps I will need to cozy up to a tattoo parlour owner...if anyone knows where I might find one ( Machine not parlour) without having to sell my youngest grand child...please let me know.

I want to purchase dye, soy wax, and silk paint now too...retreats can be both eye opening and very expensive. Did I tell you I found a Janome 1600P machine that I really want....Have met some wonderful folks...seen some incredible work and am already looking forward to next year...also looking forward to going home and sleeping in my own bed....along with my pal Rufus.

Look for pictures and all later on in week.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Funny how when we go on a trip that suitcase simply won't close when we're getting ready to go back.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, it was fun to see the retreat from someone else' perspective. While I was telling my family about the days events, my husband interrupted me and said "You keep using the word WORK. Did you have any fun?"
Thanks for reminding me of the fun.

Deb Lacativa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home