Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Allen Online Class Pieces FINISHED

I had so much fun embellishing..it took a long time to do all of the hand stitching and then adding beads and fishing lures and shells...here is the finished Mermaid Grammy in all of her glory.

A few close ups:





And there was my piece called Hand of the Artist:



This piece was another fun piece. Here are a few close ups:






If interested in the whole process of these pieces ... please read my previous blog entries on Pamela Allen's Online Class. There was another piece a black and white piece...that was so thick with corrected layers, and had such wonky ladder stitching...that I retired it to my "learning curve bin". But if interested there is a blog entry devoted to it in a previous entry.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Anne, these are amazing! I've still only managed to finish the first, and it's far from "encrusted". I'm hoping to get further along my self-portait in a few weeks when I get some more time.

I love the first one you did as well - I think you made it before class? Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Ann, your work done with Pamela Allan is fantastic! What fun. I'm just working on the 2nd part of lesson #3. I love her teaching and the freedom to just cut!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Sherryl said...

She is fantastic Ann.The embellishments really add so much to her character. The classes are so much fun and so much work. It may be months before I get all my stuff done.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Love your work from the Pamela Allen class! Both have great humor and whimsy, plus happy colors. I am working on mine from the current class. Finished the black-and-white, almost finished the two-color, and need to stitch the self-portrait and symbol. Looks like you used the old ladder stitch on your journal cover, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home