Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fast Friday Challenge- Recycle Jeans

I am taking this online journal class with Sue B. (By the way this class has been great.) You can check some of the journals that have been produced by the class at:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/suebjournalmaking0308/pool/

The Fast Friday Challenge this month was to recycle a pair of blue jeans into something new. I dug into my hubby's closet and pulled out a pair of jeans that were un-wearable in public...and I begged for them. I cut them up and looked for areas that didn't have holes. I decided that I would make a journal cover for my Fast Friday Challenge that is due this coming Friday. (I am in journal mode right now, so it wasn't hard coming up with an idea.)



I was able to use both back pockets and the button. There is a pocket on the front and also on the back. The button acts as a closure on the journal.


After making the journal I was fixing to trim off all of the frayed threads...but then I decided that they added to the over all design. I did add a few choice phrases to dress my journal up a little. It has 48 pages in it.

Best of all I still have a few hunks of jean fabric to use in another project.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann this is awesome! I love this!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Beate Knappe said...

yes awesome !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home