Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Paint that Rust

I have been experimenting with a rust paint that is used in faux painting. The paint actually has iron flakes in it that causes a rust type action. It is designed for paper, wood, paper mache and walls. I thought I would try it on fabric. If you remember I was trying to control the rusting so I could actually make shapes or designs I wanted. It didn't take me long to figure that was a bomb...rust does its own thing.

But the paint is thick, very thick...you can stamp with it, you can paint with it and you can use it with stencils...there is a spray that goes with it that helps to speed the rusting process. The paint itself is very dark...almost a chocolate brown and with time and the spray it starts to turn rusty ...a kind of orange-brown look. After it gets to the color I want I will wash it and hopefully it will not wash out. After I get enough samples will photo and post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home