Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rusty Old Woman Progress

My rusty old nude woman mentioned in a previous entry is coming alive right in front me...rusty fabric makes great skin. (Wish 65 year old skin could look as good.) I am taking photos of the process in creating her and will share them in an entry as soon as I can. Plan to do it in a step by step process so you can see her emerge from the rust. My hubby is concerned that I have made the boobs too big and that her nipples will be the focus of the piece...as of now, I haven't listened to his comments or made changes, as I think I know more about a 65 year old woman's droopy boobs than he does. I had a good (and original) source to do my pattern from.
I do love rusty fabric...you have both sides that can be used as each side takes on its own rusty formation. I am saving all my scraps as I am sure that I will be able to use them in a new project. So stay tune for the unveiling of the Rusty Old Woman...am hoping that by the week end she will be ready to be fused and then the sewing can begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home