Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Miss Nixie, are you really NAUGHTY?

My next piece came to me late last night when I couldn't fall asleep. I have found that I usually follow through with a piece if I put it down in writing on my blog because there it is...it has been announced and now I need to complete it.

I still have lots of rusted fabric...was going to do a piece of my hubby naked taking a dip to hang beside my Old Rusty Woman piece.... was going to call it The Rusty Old Man...but he made his wishes very clear...NO WAY ANN! So I decided that I would do a mermaid. I have always been fascinated with the story of the mermaid logo on Starbuck Coffee. I love her split tail. I did a little research and found the original block print image.

Background History

Melusine (or Melusina) is a figure of European legends and folklore, a feminine spirit of fresh waters in sacred springs and rivers.
She is usually depicted as a woman who is a
serpent or fish (much like a mermaid) from the waist down. She is also sometimes illustrated with wings, two tails or both, and sometimes referred to as a nixie.

Over the years Starbuck has altered their logo so that you see a slender Nixie and her breasts aren't exposed, they are covered by long wavy hair and you only see a small portion of her split tail. Seems the split tail causes some naughty thoughts. I like naughty, I can do naughty...I am almost 65...I can do anything I want! So Miss Nixie here I come....stay tune for progress.

You can read about the Starbuck Logo Here:
http://www.deadprogrammer.com/starbucks-logo-mermaid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home