Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

She's giving me that Evil Eye

Have been busy doing handwork on the Starbuck Mermaid. I really hate doing handstitching but I love the look that it gives to the piece...Pamela Allen's ladder stitch does add so much to the raw edge appliques of the piece...it is like adding a line....I love her work, by the way she has a new DVD out that is called Thinking Like An Artist, and it gives you a peek into her mind as she produces an art piece...She also did an online class this year which I was lucky to take...so her work and her style have made an impression on me.

If you are new to my blog...you can go back in older posts to Jan 2008, Feb 2008 and see how the stitching does make a difference. I also used this stitching on my Rusty Old Woman piece.

I decided not to post pictures until old Starbucks is complete..she keeps talking to me telling me what she needs, what she wants and I am having to move slower than I want too...right now she is requiring "wild hair made from silk stitched cords", I don't think she realizes how much work that is...right now we are at odds with each other...my hubby tells me she is giving me that evil stare...so perhaps her eyes need reworking...I think she is giving me that look because I am fighting her on her hair request...stay tune for the finished piece and see who wins out...

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Tanya Brown said...

A couple of weeks ago, you gave me some help with a piece I've been working on, a black-and-white sketch on cloth. I am remiss in not thanking you sooner, but did want to stop by and let you know how helpful your suggestions were and that I appreciate them. Your ideas for previewing quilting designs are excellent!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Leah said...

what beautiful colors in your rusty woman piece. thanks for visiting my blog - you won some fabulous scraps! please email me your snail mail address and I'll ship your scraps and an ATC. Have a lovely week!

Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home