Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mermaid Requiring (DEMANDING) Hand Sewing

My double tailed mermaid is requiring or rather demanding lots of hand stitching. I am using torn silk strips from my Goodwill Stash and then sewing them down one at a time with beads. This is not my usual way of embellishment. I have a very fancy machine that has hundreds of fancy stitches...I use them. I like quick. I like easy. The Starbuck mermaid said no way to the machine stitching...she wanted her silken stresses to be beaded and gently guided into place. She is getting her wish. I am working on her nightly as I watch my favorite shows on TV. I have to admit that it is rather relaxing working with the silk and the beads. Here is a wee little close up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home