Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

WOTF FEBRUARY CHALLENGE

My small fiber art group decided to have a challenge. We each brought an article of clothing that we had to recycle into "our fabric. " The fabric was thrown on the table and each member cut out a chunk to take home and use. There were silks, cottons, rayons, sheers and even a piece of leather.

We also had to draw a theme from a bag as well as a "found object." These had to be combined with our unusual fabric choices into a piece. We decided that we could make our piece journal size or a postcard size. We had one month to complete our piece.

I drew the theme "lightness" and my found object was a seed pod which was about the size of a walnut. I had to alter the pod as it needed a flat surface so that it could sit on the art quilt correctly and also had to have holes drilled into it so it could be attached.

After some thought...I chose my topic, and my name A LIGHT BITE IN THE SUNLIGHT.
Here are some pictures:








1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Very cool! Lots of little treasures to explore in this piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home