Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gliitermania Challenge # 2

Another Challenge. I am so glad I found http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/ because their weekly challenges are making me experiment with my Cricut and my cuttlebug. I enjoy visiting the Chefs webpages and also seeing what others are doing with the challenges.

This week challenge was Glittermania. I love shiny things and especially glitter!!

This week I made my own cut file...I took a piece of public domain clipart and using my SCAL2 software broke it down so that the cricut could cut it out in different colors. This week I used a cute little owl as my focus subject. There were cut feathers on his chest in the clipart but I haven't managed to figure that out in the software so I changed the clipart and removed the feathers.

I hope my images show my glittermania work.

This close up shows my branch and my glittered letters.

and my finished card



The background of the card is a textured piece of scrappaper that I glittered around the edges. The owl is sitting on a branch of a paper I made in a 3 day workshop on using Golden Paints in different techniques. One workshop was called Bling=Bling...and we did a lot of papers for collage so I used a small piece for the branch. The lettering was cut out on Cricut and then glitterized. the hearts are texture stickers.

BTW thanks for all the nice comments on my first card last week!!! If anyone wants a copy of my SCAL2 cut file I would be happy to email it to you. I have appreciated all the Freebies I have collected by visiting all the various sites. They all help me understand the different features and techniques of both the cricut and the software since I am limited with only owning two cards. My little collection is growing and growing thanks to all the wonderful sharing of talents.

13 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute card. Great Job! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut!
Karla Urea

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Very cute card! Love the owl. Thanks for playing along this week with Cooking with Cricut!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Madison said...

Ann, you do all this with 2 cartridges? You are really creative. I love what you come up with. I hope you continue to join us each week at Cooking With Cricut:) Thanks for playing!!
~Madison CWCDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Roberta Guditis said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Scrappin' Sista said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us over at Cooking with Cricut.

Christel a.k.a. Scrappin' Sista
CWCDT
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Maria Elena said...

Great Card ! Love that cute owl !
Thanks to play with us this week at Cooking with Cricut
Have a great Monday ;-)
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Mary K. McGraw said...

Looks like you are having fun.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a cute owl! I love all the glitter and I love owls! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Melinda Beltran said...

Ann, what a super cute Owl! I love how it turned out! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CWC! I read your profile and it sounds like the best thing that ever happend to Rufus was getting dumped at your doorstep. I too am a "Floridian" Thank you again for joining us! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Anita said...

Cute!! Thanks for playing along with us a cooking with cricut this week! I'm a new follower. Come follow me @ http://scrappingwithglitter.blogspot.com

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Cute card, Ann! I love your owl and I'm so glad you found us at Cooking With Cricut and decided to play along.

P.S. I'm a fellow Floridian, too!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger JustYolie said...

Love your card and all the glitter...the owl is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home