Wannabe Art

A place where one old woman shares her daily ups and downs and her attempts at art with strangers and friends out in Internet land.

Monday, January 24, 2011

The # THREE

Another Challenge from Cooking with Cricut...this time we had to include three flowers made with a Cricut Cartridge...I really thought I might have to pass on this one, because I have limited cards, but looking closer as my collection of two, I found a flower on my George Card. I was unable to accept the second part of the challenge to use the sketch plan that they suggested. I didn't have any stamps that I could use for adding words small enough on the card. I have put those greeting stamps on my list of things I want. I have been spending too much time watching videos on card making and also have added ribbons to my list...it seems there are lots of ribbons added to cards and it really makes the cards pop.

My card is done on black card stock that has been run through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. The orange background was embossed also. My pot that holds my flowers is a from a sample that I made at an acrylics workshop. The flowers are from the George Card. I used a popup button on each flower. I used a strip of paper in place of a ribbon. I think I will use this card as a Thank You Card. after glueing and layering all the papers and cardstick these cards can get a little heavy


Here is a picture:

I really enjoying visiting all of the blogs and checking out everyone's work...I am making up a list of "must haves"...this hobby can get expensive can't it?

Ann

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Mary K. McGraw said...

The flowers look great. What is the vase made of?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home